Up To $55,000 In Government Grants
June 8, 2020
Incredible news for new home builders in Piara Waters! There’s two new Government grants that give $45,000 to build a new home – even if you’ve previously owned a home in Australia.
Or if you’ve never owned a home in Australia before, you could also access the existing First Home Owners Grant and claim a total of $55,000 to build a new home at Holland Park.
What Government Grants Are Available?
The potential grants include:
- $25,000 from the HomeBuilder grant, an Australian Government initiative.
- $20,000 from the WA Building Bonus, a Western Australian Government initiative.
- $10,000 if you’re an eligible First Home Owner.
Yes, really! It’s unprecedented, but the Government is giving you money to build a home. They’re doing this to help the economy bounce back from Coronavirus.
When you combine that with record low interest rates, this really is the best time to build a new home at Holland Park Estate.
Special Conditions: Western Australian Government $20,000 Building Bonus Grant
- You must sign your home building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- You need to begin construction of your home needs within six months of the date you sign the contract.
However, what’s important with this grant (and what’s different to the HomeBuilder Grant) is the conditions that do NOT apply.
- There is no cap on the purchase price or value of the contract – so your home build can be as much as you want.
- It is open to both Australian citizens and foreign persons.
- You do not need to be living in Western Australia to access the $20,000 Building Bonus grant.
- The home you are building does NOT need to be your principal place of residence.
Special Conditions: Australian Government $25,000 HomeBuilder Grant
- You must fit the eligibility criteria (see below).
- You need to be an Australian resident and the home you are building must be your principal place of residence.
- You need to sign your home building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- You need to begin construction of your home within three months of the date you sign the contract.
Can I Get Multiple Government Grants?
Yes! You can still apply for any of the following grants and programs, regardless of whether or not you qualify for the WA Building Bonus or Australian HomeBuilder grants:
- $25,000 Australian Government HomeBuilder Grant
- $20,000 Western Australian Government Building Bonus
- $10,000 WA First Home Owner Grant
- Keystart low deposit home loans
- Australian Government First Home Loan Deposit Scheme and First Home Super Saver Scheme.
Note that you can still apply for both the $25,000 HomeBuilders grant and the $20,000 Building Bonus Grant even if you’ve previously owned a home in Australia before.
Eligibility Criteria: $25,000 HomeBuilder Grant
- You are aged 18 years or over
- You are an Australian citizen
- You are a natural person (not a company or trust)
- You earn up to $125,000 per annum for a single applicant or $200,000 per annum for a couple – based on 2018-19 tax returns or later
- You sign a building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 to build a new home as a principal place of residence, where the property value does not exceed $750,000
- Construction begins within three months of the contract date.
- Australian HomeBuilder Grant official Fact Sheet
- Australian HomeBuilder Grant FAQs
- WA Building Bonus Information & FAQs
- WA Building Bonus Official Announcement
Where Do I Start?
Holland Park Estate is a stunning private estate in Piara Waters. You’ll be living in a well established, beautifully landscaped estate with a wonderful, friendly community. Our well established, contemporary facilities include:
- Highly sought after Aspiri Primary School (and within the catchment area for Harrisdale High School)
- The $7.3m Rossiter Sports Pavilion and Oval
- BBQs and stunning parks
- Free exercise stations, ping pong and badmington
- Nature playground and in-ground trampolines.
House and land starts from just $361K and land prices start at just $175K. We recently released some larger blocks with 17m frontages in our Cambridge Release, so move fast if you want something bigger.